Certain verbs of to infinitive (V+ TO INFINITVE VERB)










AFFORD
·         I can’t afford to buy the expensive apartment

AGREE
·         They agree to help us

APPEAR
·         She appears to be tired

ARRANGE
·         I’ll arrange to meet you at the airport

ASK
·         He asked to come with Tom

CAN’T BEAR
·         I can’t bear to wait your coming

BEG
·         She begged to come with us

BEGIN
·         It began to rain

CARE
·         He doesn’t care to see the show

CLAIM
·         She claims to know a famous movie star

CONSENT
·         She finally consented to marry him

CONTINUE
·         He continues to study abroad

DECIDE
·         They decide to go on Sunday morning

DEMAND
·         I demand to know who is to responsible

DESERVE
·         I deserve to win the best prize

EXPECT
·         They expect to spend their time in Lombok

FAIL
·         He failed to return the book to the library on time

FORGET*
·         He forgot to bring his English dictionary

HATE*
·         They hate to make their parents angry

HESITATE
·         Don’t hesitate to ask my help

HOPE
·         They hope to finish their assignment tonight

LEARN
·         I learn to speak English fluently

LIKE*
·         I like to read Islamic books

LOVE
·         I love to go the library

MANAGE
·         She managed to finish her work earlier

MEAN
·         I didn’t mean to hurt your feeling

NEED
·         They need to have your suggestion

OFFER
·         They offer to help us

PLAN
·         I plan to held a birthday party

PREFER*
·         Ann prefers to walk to work

PREPARE
·         The girl prepares to go to Singarpore

PRETEND
·         Kim pretends not to understand

PROMISE
·         He promises to come on time

REFUSE
·         She refused to believe the story

REGRET*
·         Tom regrets to tell you that you failed

REMEMBER
·         I remembered to lock the door

SEEM
·         That rabbit seems to be friendly

CAN’T STAND
·         I can’t stand to wait in long lines

START
·         It started to rain

STRUGGLE
·         I struggled to take awake

SWEAR
·         He swore to tell the accident

THREATEN
·         Michael threaten to tell his parents

TRY
·         I am trying to speak Spanish

VOLUNTEER
·         Donald volunteered to teach English

WAIT
·         David waited to be called

WANT
·         Jack want to visit his grandparents

WISH
·         Cherry wished to pass the exam



Komentar